The project will demonstrate each one of the three main research challenges through a focused trial to be run in the following test beds:
- Traditional Data centre Energy Provider & Green-SLAs: The AKT Trial, jointly implemented by AKT, SWP and University of Passau, is focused on the DC/energy provider interoperability aspects, i.e.:
- Peak load detection and metering on the different layers of DC operation
- Communication settling between the data centre and the energy provider
- Feasibility check of the created monitoring and management processes.
- Data centre Federation: The Wind trial is focused on evaluating the ICT energy reduction efforts within the DC ecosystem in a cooperating federation of data centres sites.
- Cloud Data Centre & Green-SLAs: HP Italy Innovation Centre will use its lab-grade cloud infrastructure as test bed for the cloud specific Green-SLA experimentation, to assess its technical impacts, and the interaction with a cloud automation framework for enacting ALL4Green specific energy saving actions.