How it works?
Because it works
All4Green will design new flexible contracts between ICT users and data centres, revolving around the use of Green-SLAs to enable new energy saving policies that can be tailored to different computing styles and can be used with all data centre monitoring and automation frameworks. In addition, matching energy demand patterns of data centres and the energy production/supply patterns of the energy producers/providers will enable peak shaving, the reduction of inefficiencies in energy production, and the exploitation of renewable energy sources without endangering the stability of the grid.
On the one hand, All4Green “global” energy savings will be achieved by helping address excessive energy provision in peak times that creates:
- Unnecessary CO2 emissions by using inefficient peak energy sources
- Unnecessary losses of energy tied up in inefficient peak energy sources
- Unnecessary energy transmission losses by using electricity produced elsewhere.
On the other hand, All4Green is set to create the prerequisites for utility companies to better integrate electricity from unreliable, renewable energy sources and thus
- To make use of otherwise wasted energy
- To efficiently integrate non-constant energy sources
This will be achieved by capitalizing on the potential for collaboration within the data centre ecosystem composed of data centres, energy providers and ICT users.